View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 03:07 PM   #377
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I have an Elitebook for work and I agree it's great. A dream to type on.

For the old lady though, probably something more multi-media oriented rather than business. The Dell XPS looks really cool. She does netflix on her laptop as well.
http://www3.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops.../p/22TP2WPP51S

This one maybe? Dedicated graphics card, i5 and nice screen for just over $1,300

A nicer keyboard just means less corrections when typing up a Facebook post or replying someone on Facebook messenger. The above P51 should be a good multimedia computer.

The XPS are indeed nice, but with no discount right now, it is more expensive. Just over $1,300 gets you a laptop with i3 and integrated graphics. Whereas $1,300 ish for the P51 right now gets you a $1700 XPS hardware equivalent. The XPS keyboards I'd say are quite comparable to the HP Pro/Elite books as the XPS is also a business grade computer.

If pricing and hardware is the same all things considered equal, there's no reason not to choose them. Personally though, the current prices on the Thinkpad Lenovos are better value than the XPS. The Lenovo P51 regular price $1700 is currently just over $1300 ish and is a hardware comparable to the $1700 XPS 15 right now.

If you buy at a later date though, the price difference might be a moot point.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote