View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 07:41 AM   #965
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racki View Post
Here's another, more scientific way to assess things. They suck, they almost always lose, nobody scores except Jankowski and they'd haven't had a playoff win in about 100 years.

I don't wanna get all Corsi nerd on ya here but it seems like none of them ever get called up and when they do, they don't contribute a goddamn thing.

Don't you think some of these guys should have advanced offensively? I watch a lot of these game on AHL live and I see guys totally checked out. We can argue the finer details of their statistics if you like but I know what I see. Guys that should be getting better are not getting better.

Maybe you can overcook guys in the minors, contrary to what our GM thinks and says. Maybe Shinkaruk, Poirier, and even Klimchuk are starting to realize that busting their balls in the hell hole that is Stockton, California wont necessarily earn them a trip to the big leagues?
Except they have advanced offensively. You don't think they have because you are comparing them to other clubs that run different systems. Another thing to note is that development isn't linear. Shinkaruk and Poirier are only 3rd year professionals, how would they be "overcooked"? Since being with us Shinkaruk has seen more NHL time than he did in Vancouver, but after less than a season with us he's given up? Poirier was bad last year, he didn't even deserve the NHL games he did get and both he and Shinkaruk were unimpressive in their last call-ups; if they think they deserve NHL jobs without earning it, then they would be the problem not how long they have been in the AHL because they have not earned anything to date.

Why would you put Klimchuk in that same boat? He's only in year 2 in the AHL and his first was pretty poor offensively, this year he is flourishing and has probably earned the opportunity to be recalled at some point.

You know what you sound like? One of those guys crying about Jankowski the past 4 years about how he wasn't producing enough to be a viable prospect. I'm not a fan of Huska and would be fine with him being fired, but to say the prospects aren't developing when we are seeing clear progression with many of them is nothing more than bull#### by a fan that doesn't watch or listen to games and only follows the stats sheet and the standings.

Anyone that knows anything about the AHL knows that team success does not mean NHL success, for example look at the Championship team that was in Saint John, they produced only a handful of NHLers. Team success in the AHL is often dictated by the teams with the best veteran core.

Last edited by Alberta_Beef; 02-12-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote