View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 04:17 PM   #1
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Stockton Heat 2016/17 General Discussion

So with the mass exodus of RFA's today thought we should get a thread going to discuss next season now that there is a nucleus of players to build from.

Several guys will push for spots from this list. (we hope)

Shinkaruk, Poirier, Hathaway, Hamilton, Janko, Pribyl, Kulak, etc.

Going to be a young team again, which is good IMO.

Since they cut loose several Heat main stays today, it will be interesting to see if they bring any back on AHL deals, and it will als be interesting to see if they bring in any AHL "ringers". Not this teams style I suppose, but we will see.

I assume the only player listed above that has to clear waivers to get to the Heat is Freddie Hamilton, once he is re-signed.

I for one am really looking forward to the goaltending battle. Usually it's just one actual Flame prospect goalie and several AHL fodder goalies holding down the fort. Now we will have 3 legitimate prospects fighting for ice time and at least one at a time will be down in the ECHL getting more starts there to stay busy.

I'm also wondering if the coaching change in Calgary will have a trickle down effect to this team, seeing as how Huska will be matching that system for the Heat as well.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post: