View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 04:40 PM   #16
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
I've tried extremely low carb diets but ultimately they aren't sustainable for me. I like my fruit and higher carb containing veggies. I don't enjoy eating if I can't get them. So this time I've made a conscious effort to reduce carbs but not to anything close to a 5% level. I just can't do it.

But I did drop it from probably 70ish percent like many people eat in NOrth America down to about 40 so thaat I'm about 40:30:30 on any given day. This is the first time, ignoring some hunger which for me is inevitable it seems, I don't hate my "diet". It's satisfying to me in terms of what I get to eat and I don't find it a chore to maintain. The other thing I realized the past 5 months is that while I love some foods once I have a few bites the "oh my god this is good" has worn off and it's just eating at that point. Once that dawned on me I found it easier to portion control those, shall we say, less than ideal foods.
Well that's pretty much it, isn't it? Changing your relationship with food, seeing it for what it is: fuel when necessary. It's sometimes daunting because food is such a social thing.