Thread: Conan
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 08:25 AM   #194
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
after a good first few episodes i'm really starting to go "meh" to Conan. TBS still hasn't fixed the crappy lighting and sound, and the best parts of the episodes seem to be the unscripted stuff (like the Harry Potter guy on last night). i also find Conan to be a pretty weak interviewer, compared to someone like Jon Stewart who handled the same weird ass Harrison Ford much easier. i was really hoping for a much more loose and boundary pushing show with his move to cable, but so far it's been pretty much a carbon copy of his Tonight Show. i'll give it another week, but if it doesn't pick up i think i'll go back to sticking with Stewart and Colbert as my late night fix
I have to disagree with the bolded part here. Stewart is definitely a better interviewer than Conan, but when I compare Conan to Letterman and Leno, I think he's easily the best. Growing up I'd always flip off Leno/Letterman once the guests came on, but I always found Conan was able to keep the interviews fun.

I'm always a day behind on the PVR so I've been kind of avoiding this thread for potential spoilers (can you have spoilers for late night talk shows?), just reading through it now, I'm surprised how many people aren't on board. He's obviously still finding his niche, since it's only been 1.5 weeks, but given that, I think he's been pretty solid. And what's with some of the lighting/camera angle complaints?? Maybe I'm not watching closely enough, but I literally haven't noticed that at all.

I can't wait to see where Conan is in 6 months to a year from now when he's fully comfortable and in the groove. So happy to have the big red headed ghost back on TV, just seems right.

Last edited by Sainters7; 11-20-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote