Thread: Luke Cage
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 07:01 PM   #43
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post
So I've seen the other three Netflix Marvel series, but only the first two Like Cage. So far it's just been a gangster show. Does it turn into a superhero show or is more just for hip-hop fans? Do you think I need to watch it for the Defenders? So far I would say DD (especially season 2) and Iron Fist really lead into what the previews show for Defenders, but not really JJ.
I absolutely loved everything about Luke Cage but unfortunately at around the seventh or eighth episode, for me it all went completely south. After that point for me every character decision made little sense, the writing turned very formulaic, anything to do with the cop I would just FF and the action scenes especially one if the end battles were just laughable.

To me it seemed like they had come up with a solid eight episode premise but were asked to stretch that to thirteen which i feel really hurt the overall quality of the show. I wouldn't say the whole series is necessary viewing for Defenders maybe just the last episode to see where Luke ends up. Although if you've already watched the first two and have nothing else to watch, it might not be bad idea to finish.
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote