View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 12:37 PM   #961
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
I generally try to keep my snide comments proportional to the level of obtuseness I'm dealing with. Not sure I was snide enough.

The xyz has been explained in this thread many times.

Has any reporter asked the question? If not, why not? Perhaps because it's an irrelevant question with an obvious answer...
I think you are being a little over the top with the snide on this one. The questions Zulu has seem to be authentic in my mind. Notwithstanding that I agree with you that criminal charges would have been unlikely, asking these doesn't seem obtuse to me.

On a slightly different tact, I still wonder about settling the civil suit. Not because of the liability issue, but rather the quantum of damages. Are we sure it would be closer to $20MM? Is there any precedent for such a unique situation? Would there be some value in going to court, to provide some precedent and argue the merits in an open way? I think those are totally legit questions, even if it does cost money. Prosecutors shouldn't be judged on their winning percentages. They are officers of the court and should be interested in finding the truth. I would submit if the civil case went to trial, there would be much less teeth gnashing regarding the $10.5MM or whatever the award would be, as it would have actually been decided in open court.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote