View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 05:12 PM   #3603
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a collection of old manual lenses made by Nikon and German-made manual lenses that can be adapted to Nikon-F mount: Leica-R, Schneider, Voightlander and Hasselblad/Zeiss. Comparing the performance of these old lenses mounted on Nikon D810/D800E or Df is fun; they are all different in the way they render an image, handling and features.

These are my 40-yr old Hasselblad/Zeiss lenses - bulky, heavy, uncomfortable to handle, yet simple, solid, razor-sharp, no aberrations... While I have never gotten to shoot with medium format cameras, I was always fascinated with medium format glass, because of how sharp they become when adapted to a full-frame sensor.

I just found out that Hasselblad technically is no longer a Swedish company. Chinese drone maker DJI now owns the majority of Hasselblad as of January, 2017. Sad. I hope they keep them running independently and will not dilute the brand quality...

Article link here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainYooh For This Useful Post: