View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 06:17 PM   #78
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I think it's pretty clear which category you fall into. I don't have pet insurance and I'm not rich or anything, but I have savings and plans in place. Too many people though have no plan other than setting up a gofundme page.

Getting your puppy in the summer is definitely preferable. I can't imagine trying to house train in the winter! One thing to really be aware of is vaccinations. Be very careful about where you take your puppy before he has completed all his vaccinations. Pet stores and parks are breeding grounds for bad germs.

Dogma has some good puppy classes and socialization ones, some of which are free, that you might want to check out if you are new to having a puppy.

http://www.dogmatraining.com/trainin...p-classes/pups

Our pup only has her first round of vaccines but we started taking her to a baby dog socialization class with other puppies that are vaccinated. it's held at Bosleys by a 3rd party, but the area is thoroughly cleaned before the dogs enter. I had reservations about doing this, however, it's important to socialize dogs with other dogs before the 12 week window is closed so you have to weigh that and make a choice I suppose. Some vets are for it, some are not. We don't take her for walks though, just in the backyard for now until she's had more vaccinations.
Drak is offline   Reply With Quote