View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will keep that in mind. I use gmail so that would work for sure.

I found some info on the $250 rebate.

Quote:
Customers who have completed a 2- or 3-year Fido agreement
The standard Fido hardware upgrade enables customers with any Fido mobile device who have completed a 2- or 3-year Fido Agreement to upgrade to an iPhone 4 16GB at $159 (a $490 discount off the no-term price) and iPhone 4 32GB at $269 (a $480 discount off the no-term price), each with a 3-year Fido Agreement and Data Add-on(customers can always refer to fido.ca or in store for promotional offers before current term expiry). You may use your FidoDollars towards the purchase price.
Fido customers who activated or upgraded to iPhone with a Fido Agreement on or before December 31, 2008 are also eligible for this pricing as soon as the iPhone 4 is available for sale. Please click here to check your hardware upgrade eligibility and your Fido iPhone Special Discount amount. Full conditions below, see in-store for details

iPhone customers who entered a term on or before June 7, 2010 (the day Apple announced iPhone 4 at the Worldwide Developers conference) but who do not qualify for the above offer.
iPhone customers who entered into a Fido Agreement on or before June 7, 2010, but who do not qualify for the above offer are eligible to upgrade to iPhone 4 16 GB at $399 (a $250 discount off the no-term price) or iPhone 4 32GB at $499 (a $250 discount off the no-term price), with a 3-year Agreement and 3-year Data Add-on. You may use your FidoDollars towards the purchase price. Please click here to check your hardware upgrade eligibility and your Fido iPhone Special Discount amount. Full conditions below, see in-store for details.

Customers who entered a term after June 7, 2010.
Fido customers have the flexibility to upgrade to any new device at any time at the device-only price (no term). The no term price for the 16GB iPhone 4 is $649 and for the 32GB iPhone 4 is $ 749. Full conditions below, see in-store for details.
I fall into the second category, so I think this is where the rebate comes into play. I asked them if there was a time limit on this rebate, and the CSR said he couldn't see one as of yet.

The CSR must have quoted me the wrong prices though, or maybe I didn't hear him correctly because I could swear he said $649 for a 32gb - $250 rebate. This setup is $749-$250=$449. Yikes.

I remember now why they didn't want to sell me the iPhone at the discounted price. it was because I didn't get it from Fido. It was an unlocked phone I bought off the internet. They will only give you the discount if you bought the previous phone from them and you re-up your 3 year contract when you buy the new one.

Last edited by worth; 08-17-2010 at 01:39 PM.
worth is offline   Reply With Quote