View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 03:41 PM   #30
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keselke View Post
Please keep your sentiment for winning out of this thread. Or should I create a thread dedicated to winning only?

My sentiment for a loss, is just as valid as yours for a different result. I don't believe in the correlation between finishing strong and carry over to the next season. Certainly over a small sample size of of the last 3 seasons, two different finishes, two drastically different regular season + playoff results

You can have all the effort you want, if you don't have the players the team will be mediocre or worse, you can cheer for some loser points in meaningless games in March/April for the anecdotal correlation that these wins will indicate better future results, however that sentiment is certainly not based on anything empirical

I will cheer for the highest possible pick. If I feel that is the best course for the betterment of the franchise.
In which case, you should be cheering for the bouncing balls of the lottery. (As will I). A loss in the actual game, might mean a 1 or 2% chance of getting what you want. GFG!
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote