View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #29
Pacem
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Good luck to all. Nicotine is a hell of a drug, it plays jedi mind tricks on you but it is beatable.

I quit smoking some time last year, I don't even know or care to know the date I stoped. I'll remember my last cigarette vividly, it was a sunny day while on lunch break so I think it was during the spring, lol.

I was a pack a day smoker for 15 years. Smoked up to 2 packs when i'd enjoy a heavy night of drinking, which was a regular occurance. Quit soooo many times. Few months here, once I almost lasted a full year. The thing that worked for me was a book. I noticed someone else already mentioned it, but I can't help but promote it enough.

Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking. Can't say enough good things about the book. Its a very short book, took me about 3 weeks to read it because of the anxiety I felt about quiting smoking. Should have taken me a night, or 2 tops to read thru it. I've never had an easier time quitting smoking. I'm a skeptical guy and never thought a small book would do it. I think after getting 10 pages in, I was calling the author a self righteous #######. He brags about how awesome he is, I cursed his name a fair bit, lol.

I quit smoking in the middle of the day, thru the rest of my pack in the garbage and have never looked back. The hardest thing is to actually get thru the whole book. Myself, and 3 other friends have successfully quit smoking after reading this book. My mother, my father and a real good friend have yet to finish the book after having it for months. Getting thru it seems to be the biggest problem. The book just provides a different perspective of smoking that made it easy for me to quit.

I'm confident i'll never smoke again.

***EDIT***

K, well 2 people mentioned the book, it was only 1 prior to me typing my message out, lol

Last edited by Pacem; 02-11-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Pacem is offline   Reply With Quote