View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 09:51 AM   #728
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
I think we tend to focus too much on the comedy that the late night set use to challenge our thought processes, and write off much of what these people say as a result of them being "jesters" meant to entertain us. But I think people forget that another role of the "jester" is to shine a light on the bad behaviors of the royal court, and keep them honest. Sometimes the jester makes a poignant soliloquy that says a lot more than we thought them capable. Here is one of those moments.
Interesting. He's not wrong except I'm not sure about the end.. "the american voter will" I don't think anyone has any idea what the American voter will do. You're stats above show that 62% of adults opposed removing the monuments. That's a much higher percentage of people than are Republicans, Trump voters, or Fox viewers. I suspect a lot of it could be explained by white people who vote Democratic but feel uncomfortable "accommodating" or "making concessions to" black people and/or leftist activists.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote