View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #299
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Pats View Post
Nice that they state the obvious. You have well over half the players that they pick that are at best part time rugby players. 16 with no rugby at all / so not even playing in the BC Premier League which plays in winter. Why then are they chosen? If these players are serious about making the Canadian team they should be in BC. As the coach says the level may not be high enough but at least they are playing. Rugby Canada should be finding these guys jobs in BC for the ones that are willing to move.

The ones that aren't shouldn't be picked. As he says later on they keep picking guys that are not good enough just to fill in numbers. They added a bunch of young guys which is a good move and added to the base of players in the system.

Get the guys who want to play and are willing to sacrifice moving to BC. Then pump that league as much as possible with better coach's etc. Let the other provinces concentrate on their youth programs and feed into the Premier League either via UBC and UVIC or with other teams that will sponsor players from other provinces.

I really don't see any other way(weather dictating) other than indoor stadiums(would cost a fortune) for them to advance the game.
If all of Canada, save 1 province plays a summer season, perhaps BC should change to a summer season.

I whole heartily disagree with having to move to BC. It is, IMO, a backwards approach. If the end goal of RC is to grow rugby via a pro or semi-pro league there needs to be a unified season.

I know of a number of players that were "lost" to RC because they didn't want to move to BC.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote