View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 06:11 PM   #3
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
While I enjoy the idea of a the WBC, I still wonder about the timing for it. Just seems like they rush guys in the spring to get ready for this, and you wonder how "all out" some guys are because they don't want to mess up their seasons with an early injury.

Personally, I'd like to see it a bit like how hockey used to do it. Have a world championship during the playoffs, so every team that is knocked out can send plays. With so few teams actually making the post-season I think you'd still see a high level of play and guys would be less worried about injuries with the offseason coming up.

Never the less, looking forward to seeing how Canada can do, but I enjoy watching Japan (to hope to see them winning) and the US (to hope to see them fail).
Agreed. I always get excited to watch the WBC and see how Canada will stack up but seem to lose interest as the tournament progresses. It does seem like many players (especially the Americans) treat it like an exhibition and it feels like it drags on for too long.

I like the idea of having it during the MLB playoffs but then there would be issues securing stadiums to play in. Baseball is back in the 2020 Olympics though right? MLB should start the season early, scrap the All Star game and take two weeks off for it.