View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 01:06 PM   #29
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll be surprised if Edwin is back. It'll be like Price last year, I think the Jays will make a good offer, but someone on the market will make a stupid offer and that will probably be that. That's why I think Jose could be back, I think he'll go out into market and get almost nothing good as far as long term offers, so maybe he signs a 1 year deal to come back and try and up his value for the next offseason. With the lack of LH hitters it might not be a bad call to bring Saunders back if you can sign him to a good deal. Outfield FAs look pretty weak so any upgrade there will probably be via trade, but not a lot of assets to get a premium player. But Shapiro is good at bargain hunting so we'll see.

Pitching is all about the bullpen obviously. I would try and bring Cecil back, he's mostly been solid the past couple years. Chapman seems unlikely though, I thought he said he was open to going back to the Yankees after the year and the Cubs will probably be right there to re-sign him too. Getting someone like Sergio Romo or Travis Wood would be nice bullpen pickups. I doubt they rebuild now, but if they are close to out of it by the All-Star break next year I'm sure we'll see some moves.