View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 09:59 AM   #52
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Yes I understand your perspective. Keep in mind even if they had a more diverse schedule there is no guarantee that they would face elite prospects as call ups make it more likely those elite prospects. Even if the AHL schedule was more like the NHL schedule, that would be only 2 games against the Marlies and maybe have Nylander in the lineup. (BTW, Stockton did face Rantanen 5 times last season)

My point is that Stockton isn't that a great a team (at least it wasn't that way last year) that every other team still provides important development opportunities.

This is how badly San Jose dominated Stockton last season:

4-1 SJ W
4-3 Heat SOW
5-3 SJ W
5-4 SJ W
5-1 SJ W
4-3 SJ OTW
6-5 SJ OTW
4-1 SJ W
7-1 SJ W
4-1 SJ W
5-4 Heat W
6-0 SJ W

Out of the 24 possible points they could get from Stockton they got 21. Outscored Stockton 57 to 30.

Flames prospects should still be getting valuable development out of playing teams like San Jose even if they are missing the elite prospects. They need to learn how to step up and keep up their consistency against teams that seem to have their number. These kind of lessons could be just as valuable as facing an elite prospect for a couple of games.

Like I said we can revisit this if Stockton is thoroughly beating up teams like San Jose and Flames prospects are just padding their stats against them.

Last edited by sureLoss; 08-30-2016 at 10:03 AM.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post: