Thread: ESPN 30 for 30
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #47
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertuzzied View Post
I just watched the 2 escobars last nite till 3am! It is by far the best sports documentary i have ever seen. I was talking to my coworker who is from columbia about it this morning. The entire country was a mess, sort of how like Mexico is right now. Everyone just sort of stopped watching soccer after Andres was killed, and the majority of the national team quit.

Heads up. Looks like the next one in the series is by Steve Nash about Terry Fox. Should be great. Actually all these 30 for 30s have been pretty good. Except for the OJ Simpson one. Just skip it.
I wished they talked more about the colombian team making it to the 1990 World Cup and the success it had there and also the 1998 World Cup and how the team recovered to qualify again. The documentary seemed too american-centric, as if it is only a big story because the World was in America.

That really was an amazing team, one of the best I've ever seen at it's peak. Attacking football at it's greatest.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote