View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 03:19 PM   #3114
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Banana Slug View Post
I think I would complain and then not pay. It might work for Golden State, given their recent success and the huge, wealthy market they are situated in. I don't see Calgary in the same light.

Bill Simmons had a recent podcast with Nathan Hubbard, CEO of Ticketmaster. They mentioned the GSW plan and also wondered out loud how this would work for most teams. In fact, they were doubting how season tickets will work long term, as there are so many entertainment options nowadays, and the value isn't always there for those many mid-week games against meh opponents. The big advantage for season ticket holders is the right to playoff tickets (which is still true, but expensive). The secondary market is changing, so selling those crappy games on the secondary market means selling at a loss, most likely. As a season ticket holder (who shares with 3 others), I would almost certainly not take part in any seat licensing scheme.
Golden State is a small market team and was way below league averages in terms of profit/revenue and fan interest for 25 years until 2015