View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 08:45 PM   #58
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
I was 130 pounds at 17 and wore a size 32 waist. Which man wears a size 30 waist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
No kidding, I don't think I had a 30 inch waist since junior high school. What is your guys' height and weight?
A lot of people, men especially, are in denial about the fact that they are overweight. Once you get larger than about a 34 inch waist, youre into overweight territory and at around 38 inches you are getting into obese. Being taller will give you a few more inches around the waist before you start getting into the overweight or obese range.

Something to keep in mind as well is that most brands of men's clothes now use vanity sizing so you should add 1 to 2 inches to your pant size to get your true waist measurement, if you dont actually measure your waist.

You can search and find medical tables that will show you waist size ranges. Height to waist ratio can be used as a better tool than BMI to predict health issues.

The average American male is 5'9" with a 39" waist, otherwise known as fat.

You can carry muscle mass without having a big waist. Bigger than 32" typically means you have a gut and love handles.
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taco.vidal For This Useful Post: