View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 10:38 PM   #16
Scimitar
Farm Team Player

Exp:

We stayed at Riu Negril in July 2015 and 2016. The reason we chose to return the second year in a row was because we were bringing two seniors and two 17 yeat olds and we wanted to be familiar with the resort. The first time was very good, there wasn't too much rain, relatively clean resort with an awesome beach. The second time around I wasn't enjoying it as much. The beach was somewhat eroded due to rain and there were stingrays in the shallows--not the resort's fault of course. Both times we felt that the food was not great, the entertainment was "meh" and the beach vendors were allowed to bother us. In my opinion, the staff were not as polite as I would have liked. We did the dolphin cove thing and Rick's cave, which were OK.

This year we went to Mexico--we stayed at Barcelo Grand resort which had five hotels in the complex. We were allowed to use the facilities at four of the five hotels (food, pools, entertainment). The staff were great for the most part, everything looked clean and the beach was pretty good--the sea wasn't very calm, though. Since this was the first couple's getaway for me and my now fiancée, we decided not to take part in any excursions. From what I could see, there is a lot to do and much of it is along the highway. We were not bothered by anyone at the beach other than two offers from the Dolphinarium staff from across the road. The food was very good, i thought, but the drinks were not. I am not sure if i can blame Mexico, but i got sick a week after i came back. The doctors couldn't find any of the usual suspects in terms of travel related illnesses so i won't try to pin this on the travel.
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote