View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 07:11 PM   #11
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thank you all for your input, suggestions, and support. I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdpuck View Post
So he doesn't sniff the area before he does the deed?
No sniffing pre-whiz. He does scan the area afterwards, but I am pretty adamant about cleaning and neutralizing the smell. Well, as best I can on laminate hardwood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Is he neutered?
Yes. Forgot to mention that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
My male cat does it from time to time, but it's not usually in the same spot. Instead it's on similar things.
I can't leave fabric of any type laying on the floor, or he'll inevitably pee on it. Clothes, sheets, reusable fabric grocery bags.

So maybe it's not where, but instead what? I guess you can't just buy all new couches/chairs and hope he's not going to do it though.
Definitely a tough situation when they're part of the family.
For sure. And he doesn't seem to urinate on the fabric, just on the floor. He did have this issue with a different furniture set a few years ago, but after he recovered from his urinary issues the behavior went away.

Not this time, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
I had this with my lovable doofus of a cat.

He sounds a lot like your cat - issues with crystalization and much of the same behavior.

TLDR - $40 cat from SPCA cost way too much to addressing peeing problem.
Yes, this most recent spat he also had a bladder infection, which we cured with antibiotics. Wow, was it ever fun to shoot that crap down his throat for 10 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
About 5 months ago our cat started peeing on our shoes. Usually ones in the same spot.

The vet quickly agreed it was stress. We added another litterbox where she was peeing on our shoes, and changed her food to a stress reducing food. And increased play time.

Now she's back to her old self.

I'm no vet, nor do I know the situation exactly, but for us it was stress.

Although the diabetes posts seem to make sense too.

Regardless, go see a vet. They're the best people to talk to about this, they're literally experts
We have been to the vet several times. They prescribed "cat prozac", which was more stressful to the cat than anything (it was so bitter that he would salivate heavily after each dosage, and he struggled something fierce when he knew a dose was on the way). Vet also gave a 3 series treatment of Vitamin B shots that was supposed to make him feel better. Maybe he does, but he's still pissing.

It's certainly stress related, but I don't know what else I can try to eliminate that stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Have you tried putting the litter box where he pee's? If he uses it, gradually move it back to where it belongs.
Sorta tried that. Since he pees directly under the footrests of the recliners there wasn't really a way to put it directly where he goes. Instead we put it near and in the room, then eventually moved back to the normal place.

Didn't help.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote