View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 06:18 PM   #8
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Flames Fan View Post
I grew up in Canada and understand the mixed economy (like Iceland) and how the healthcare system works. Im not against that type of system. The problem Canadians and Icelanders don't understand is the difference in population size between you guys and the USA. There are probably 100 Iceland countries worth of people who do not work or pay taxes and would benefit from this type of Healthcare in the USA. There are prob another 100 Iceland countries worth of people that may quit working because of increased offered social care handouts. That leaves the rest to pay the bill. Now look what happened to Venezuela. When taxes increased on the rich, the rich picked up and moved somewhere else because they are rich and they can. That left the middle class paying for everyone. I have friends with families in Venezuela that have told me they have not had toilet paper since 2015.

Im not sure where the current healthcare system in the USA is going but I can tell you for sure its terrible right now down here. Obamacare is nothing to be proud of and is only going to hang over the democrats heads until it is finally fixed.
A good start would be to tax the hell out of the things that make people unhealthy. If the US put a $3.00 healthcare tax on the cheap $5.00 pack of cigarettes they could raise over $100 million a day! Put a 10% healthcare tax on the cheap alcohol and raise even more. It's absolutely crazy a country like the USA can't provide simple healthcare for everyone.