Thread: [Signing] Flames RFA and UFA Tracking
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 08:42 PM   #55
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey.modern View Post
Though I would also like to have him back, their isn't an option for him as we have our D Prospects knocking for a spot on the team that can provide a much cheaper option right now. I think we now have someone to step up, Nakladal/Morrsion/Wotherspoon
I don't believe there is a cheaper option than Schlemko. One year $700K probably gets it done (thanks to Caged Great for pointing out that Diaz signed with NYR - that was his contract).

If you look at the ins and outs, you could say we replaced Schlemko, Diaz and Potter for Hamilton, Nakladal and Morrison. Huge upgrade in the first slot which should leave less ice time for the back end guys.

But

Nakladal and Morrison haven't even begun to prove they can play in the NHL. I am still not convinced Wotherspoon has confidence of the coaching staff and management. Injuries will happen and I have heard Treliving say more than once you can't have too much depth on the back end. And I think there is still a chance a defender gets dealt especially once Gio's contract is settled.

So maybe Schlemko comes back?
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote