View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #1133
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Eric Duhatschek was on the FAN yesterday and said that the Flames actually made inquiries about Schneider in their search for a goalie.
Ha ha I'm sure Treliving made inquiries to Montreal as well to see what the cost would be to get Price. The guy is supposedly always on the phone talking to other GM's. I don't recall any credible sources that stated Schneider was available though. I know the 960 guys talked about Schneider but again that was no different than fans here that assume because the Devils aren't very good they would trade their franchise goaltender to the Flames so they could assume the Flames predicament of continually plugging the starter role with stop gaps and go years with mediocre to poor goaltending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
You can't say that with any certainty whatsoever. It was widely speculated that Schneider was available for the right price and even members of our local media presumed as much. Raanta was certainly available as he is now on the Vegas unprotected list. I'd rather give up a 2nd, 3rd and 7th (as the Oilers did) and get "the guy" for the foreseeable future than see the team constantly moving out 2nd round picks a decent prospects for short term stop gaps.

Bottom line is the Flames have already moved Hickey, a third round pick and a second round pick (Elliot) and have 35 year old Mike Smith to show for it. Put all of these assets on the table at once and i'm sure you're in the ballpark for a much better, younger option in net for the foreseeable future.
Widely speculated? By who? I've not read this anywhere. If you have a link go ahead and prove it.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 06-20-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote