View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 12:01 AM   #30
Jagger
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have to say that I'm ecstatic that you guys are on the Super White Army bandwagon. I've let people back "home" in Wallasey and Birkenhead know about this thread and they think it's awesome.

I'm going to email the Rovers to let them know about it too once we get a few more people on board.

In a way this is making me a bit homesick too. I so want to go to a match again now. I was telling my wife about this thread and she feels the same way. I've got a feeling that we will be making a pilgrimage with my large clan in the near future. My wife has to have our latest addition first!

Many a Friday night, when I was really young, I would trudge to Prenton Park in the pouring rain and stand with the 1500 or so faithful and see the Rovers get trounced 3 or 4 nothing. This was back in the old Division 4, the lowest of the low. Still great times and the meat pies at the ground were superb and made it all worth it!

Once Tranmere started to get somewhat good in the Jim Steele/Ian Muir/Johnny Morrissey era it was like a dream. We started to get 5,000 and more in the stadium! One of my best memories was a last match of the season game against Crewe. I think there was 10000 or more in attendance. The match ended 1-1 and both teams were promoted. The pitch invasion at the end was incredible. Both sets of fans on the field hugging, shaking hands, chanting. It was freakin' awesome. I still get tingles up my spine even now thinking about it.

Another great memory is a 2-2 draw in the FA Cup with the mighty Spurs. The Rovers led at one point and Prenton Park was rocking on it's foundation.

Tranmere are a special little club and I'm delighted to see so many of you on board. We need more though. There's plenty of room!

Have to look for my old Tranny shirt now. Wonder if it still fits?

Last edited by Jagger; 07-16-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Jagger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jagger For This Useful Post: