View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #34
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

After being a Flames fan as a kid, I gave up on the Flames when I moved from Calgary in 1998. I became interested again because of Iggy's Hart season where somehow Theodore ended up with the freaking trophy.

I do think that Iggy and Kipper give this team an air of legitimacy that those awful teams lacked in the late 90s. While we do absolutely need to do something about our team for the long-run, it makes me cringe to think of trading either because of what they symbolize - not wins or 2004 or playoffs, or anything that tangible - but rather to me they symbolize being an actual, viable NHL franchise.

I'm pretty terrified that after trading them we end up with a franchise no one gives a hoot about like we had back then. I understand completely where the OP is coming from.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote