View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 11:21 AM   #144
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Has anyone considered that Treliving traded for Lazar knowing that McPhee has a boner for him and will take him over anything else available? Trading for a player that is certain to get selected is a sure fire way of protecting the rest of your roster. Not saying this is why Lazar was traded for, but it makes a helluva lot more sense than protecting him or Brouwer over Ferland.
That makes very little sense to me unless the Flames are protecting someone that is off the radar.

They have only 3D worth protecting in Gio, Dougie, Brodie
They have 7 forwards that I guess make the list in Monahan, Gaudreau, Bennett, Backlund, Frolik, Ferland, and Brouwer (now maybe Lazar?)

So unless the organization spent a second rounder to get McPhee to select Lazar over Kulak, Shinkaruk, or someone else I can't even think of your theory cannot be true

I almost think that adding Lazar gives him an excuse to expose Brouwer as he could fear the backlash from agents when he lets a player go one yearminto a four year deal. Adding Lazar and giving up assets for him give him a 7th forward to protect over Troy and is easier to explain to future UFA's that are concerned about signing long term?
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote