View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023, 08:01 PM   #14
Underdog
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

My personal hope would be to get rid of Schneider and replace him with a more veteran Manager but I don't see any changes happening to the Management this Offseason. I think Guillermo Martinez takes the fall for the Offensive struggles and gets fired.

Ryu and Hicks are gone as Free Agents. Other than that everyone of any consequence will be returning and the pitching staff should be a strength once again. If Manoah returns at just a fraction of his old All-Star self, this staff could be elite. Otherwise they can get by on the cheap with a 5th starter. Oh BTW, Mitch White was excellent down the stretch in Buffalo and should compete for a spot next season.

Chapman is gone as a Free Agent. I doubt the Jays have any appetite to retain him, for his price. I think one of the young kids gets a shot at 3B. Merrifield is gone as a Free Agent, Schneider will be his replacement. KK is gone, already said he wants to play on grass next season. I think Varsho should slide over to CF full-time to allow the Jays to pursue a big hitting left handed OF. Belt will probably retire and I think the Jays go with another internal replacement in Horowitz.

So really the only big change and FA or trade target could be in LF.