View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #90
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Strictly my own theory but I find that when people try something new they are more likely to stick with it, especially at the start. For instance, you are sick of eating 6 smaller meals a day, you are grabbing a handful of nuts in between snacks, maybe a sugary beverage cause whatevs it isn't a meal or anything. Then you switch to this intermittent fasting and you follow it strictly by the book, see results and assume all other methods are inferior.

On the other side of this I have followed a meal plan that does not involve intermittent fasting by the book on and off for years and not so shockingly the stricter I follow it the better my results..

With this in mind we circle back to the fact that no two people are the same and my body will react differently to a diet than your body will. This happens between my fiance and I, me being a snacker and needing to eat often and her hating it because it makes her feel bloated/full all day so instead she does 3 meals. Two different methods, but we both see our individual results WHEN WE STICK TO THE PLAN.

Just my thoughts on it.. but if you like the idea of starting something new to you and exciting then you should do it, whatever you need to get the results you are after. It isn't going to hurt that is for sure. I am for trying new stuff to keep things fresh, otherwise you fall off the wagon.

Edit: I just read this post and it is coming off as preachy maybe even condescending, totally not what I am after here. The end of the day point I am trying to make is that there is no magic system and there are a lot of arguments for which one is better, but the truth of it is not every plan works the same for two people. So don't be afraid to try it all and keep an open mind but don't be fooled!

Last edited by GreenLantern; 08-22-2014 at 12:11 PM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote