View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 11:14 PM   #34
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
There is no hood on the truck. The truck is on a jack because it doesn't seem like it can stand on its own.

You're right, if it's on his property it should be fine. It's an eye sore and it's broken down. It's taking up space on his driveway which could be utilized for the other cars he has that he parks on the road.

What if I was trying to sell my house. When people look at a house they look at the neighbours and the area. Would you like to buy a house with a broken down truck next to it? With a whole slew of cars parked everywhere where their would be no room to park your own car or room for your guests to park their car?

Going by what other people have said it would be okay for the neighbour to park on my driveway as long as it's a temporary thing because that's what it's there for.

And if you read all my previous posts I tried talking to him before about the fence and he did was call me names. How would talking to him now fix anything?

Maybe I'm a bad neighbour, maybe I'm not. I didn't like the way he went about the fence business so that's why I didn't pay. If he asked me and we worked on it together it would have been better. There are bylaws out there regarding these things and if I have to abide by them then others should too.
As for it being an eyesore, thats your opinion, and it seems very petty. It's in HIS driveway.. Just because you don't like it, it's really silly and petty to start calling the bylaw on him, and it's just going to make it much worse. Time to lighten up a bit.

Maybe thats the problem with most neighborhoods these days, every person living there is concerned with the almighty dollar, and the WHAT IF I WANTED TO SELL MY PLACE scenario.

Worry about it when you want to sell your place. You can play the what if game forever. What if there is a tree a potential buyer has a sever allergy to, what if a potential buyer hates lawn ornaments etc etc etc.

I think it's time to lighten up here a little bit. Fine you think the truck is an eyesore, doesn't mean you have the right to get the owner in trouble.

Maybe his plan is to work on it once the weather gets nicer.

I've had neighbors on both sides of the fence. I've had ones that seem to be on your side, very very uptight and make issues of everything, and I've had those that were inconsiderate, and maybe a little ignorant (one guy used to partially park on our lawn) like your neighbor.

Being pissy about every little detail won't help issues. There is a happy medium here and continually reporting him will just escalate it.

Tow truck in the drive way him telling you to eff off, fair enough, be pissy. Getting uptight because you think a broken truck in his drive way is an "eyesore" well thats getting petty. It's his driveway... It's not like the truck is blocking the sun, or is infested with reptiles, it's not leaking fluids onto your property, it's not parked on your property. Leave it be....

Vehicle on the street. Sure if it doesn't move, and the registration expires, get it towed IF it's a problem.

If the vehicle is not a problem and there are other vehicles constantly parked on the street, why report him? Just to be spiteful?

Honestly the complaints about the vehicles seem to be spite from the fence issue, and secondly the tow truck issue. Time to grow up a little, that applies to both yourself and your neighbor,
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote