View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #33
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm very protective of my property and personal items. It's about respect, I would not drive my car or anything else onto my neighbours property without asking, even for a few minutes. Anyone that does that lacks respect IMO.

Same thing with the fence, building one without consulting your neighbour is being a jerkoff. You're putting up something in a shared space, you owe it to your neighbour to ring the door bell and talk to them about it, come to an agreement. I built a fence last year along the back alley, part of it goes between me and my neighbours garage. Even though I knew he would not mind, I asked him anyway if I could put a post next to his garage. Of course he said yes, but the point is to consult with him or her, keep them in the loop.
That's exactly how I am. My parents taught me if it's not yours then don't touch it. This can be applied to this situation. Sure it's a driveway and putting cars on their is what it's meant for but it's not their driveway it's mine.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote