View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 09:39 PM   #193
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Murdock View Post
I don't think its obtuse to think the President, no matter who it is, is under tremendous scrutiny with their every action and personal history attacked. Doesn't that happen to all of them? Isn't that part of holding the highest office in the land and being leader of the free world? If that is the case, then how is it not conceivable that an issue like a birth certificate be made into a tremendous issue? Your saying it should be off limits because its an African American president? Being born in the U.S is a legal requirement and if the opposition can see an opening on that issue, they will go for it (Ted Cruz was attacked for being born in Calgary). Is it low brow politics, yes of course, but is it racism? I can't claim to know that Donald Trump was motivated my racism. You could probably make the claim that anytime Obama faced intense scrutiny it was racially motivated. Therefore, he should not be scrutinized.
Besides the fact that you're willfully ignoring all the telltale signs of racism, I will concede that Presidents should be under intense scrutiny.

If that's you're opinion then I have 3 words for you: Trump's Tax Returns.

No president has withheld them going back for a couple of generations now, and yet this one refuses despite numerous requests, probably because of connections to Russia, but I don't know for sure. All I know is that something so simple shouldn't be difficult to produce...probably on the same level of, oh, I don't know........a birth certificate?

If I want to see his tax returns, does that make me a "reverse racist"? I don't know, I'm just so tired of it all. All I want is for people to start feeling like we're all on the same team again. I don't think that's possible under this administration. It looks like they're trying to intentionally divide the country in order to rule the stupid and steal from the poor. That just sucks.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: