View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #114
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
I dunno. I still maintain that it appeared he was out of it, or mildly concussed when he was skating off. It was wrong, outside the rules, and compensation should be given. Maybe the medical staff shouldn't have let him stay on the bench. But 10 mil and suing the Flames specifically feels like he held a grudge on the team as a whole for appealing the suspension at the time.

I do think Henderson should get something out of it, but I feel like he's trying to take advantage of a situation that puts the Flames against a wall because if they fight it, their PR/image will take a huge hit with the officiating community. That seems slimy in itself to try to pry such a hefty sum for injuries that didn't hamper him from finishing the game. He doesn't need that much compensation and I think he needs to get over the fact that the team defended their own player. They're not the only team that would do so in that situation.
oh, i agree... he's definitely pushing the limits... but as someone previously mentioned, there limits to punitive damages, which seems to be blown out of the water here...

i don't recall whether Wideman even missed any time however following the incident...

As for 'being out of it', that something the medical professionals will have to testify on, as i am not an expert...

As an opponent, you accept that as part of the risk... as an official, would you ever think you'd get cross checked in the back? Do they even have the equipment to protect themselves from that?
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote