View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #662
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T View Post
No I'm not, IMO there shouldn't be a gun in their in the first place(another arguement),a guy carrying gun with a history of violence kills a teen in a alleged fight and gets nothing, one woman fears for her safety from a ###### husband(alleged),grabs a gun but doesn't hurt anyone gets 20 years in jail.

If you don't have a problem with that IMO you're totally F%^%ed in the head.
"Alleged fight." That's the issue, while I agree it's likely that Zimmerman was no angel and may have started the altercation, there's still a reasonable doubt that he walked away peacefully and was assaulted by the teen. That's what the trial hinged on and the prosecutor utterly failed to prove (without a reasonable doubt) that didn't happened.

That's the "problem" living in a country where you're innocent until proven guilty, the burden of proof is on the prosecutor. Even if the system was corruption free (it obviously isn't) sometimes bad people don't get punished because there simply isn't the evidence. At worst that's what happened here. At best, an innocent man walked free. We don't know what happened, unless you have evidence that the jurors didn't, so we can't say for sure.

With the other incident, I'll concede that 20 years is too harsh but that was also the minimum time for a crime she obviously committed.

I don't know, if you think I'm ####ed in the head because I don't want to see possibly innocent people go to jail because of public outrage and not evidence, then that's fine.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote