View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #23
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some ideas...
  • Some former 1st round picks that came through the Calgary farm club before making the NHL (doesn't have to be playing for the Flames now, or playing at all) who also was developed in another teams farm club to compare/contrasts development concepts between different teams. (ie. Brooks Orpik was a guy who sounded off about Pittsburg's)
  • Some former Flames from the mid-late 90's to bring us back to the ol' days (for me anyways)... what was it like for Todd Simpson to be captain, what was Zarley Zalapski like, how did it turn out that Rick Tabaracci got traded for the Kidd/Roloson duo.
  • QC play by play or coaching staff, to talk about some lesser known prospects, like what Chucko has to do to make the bigs.
  • whoever manages the business of the Flames, to talk about their ideology of the cap era, where they see the economics going, what difficulties they see going on.
  • maybe some idea of where we are with a new arena
  • For CP posters, Cowperson and Lanny (I know Lanny is gone)
  • some former head coaches to talk about the evolution of the game to where we are now, from the trap era and so on
  • Craig Button, to talk a little more about where he was planning on going with the Flames identity before he got sacked. (ie. the Regehr-Morris combo he envisioned)
Not to be anal, but what I hope I don't see is the CP inside jokes going from the msg board to air, ie. hookers and blow, hale storm, fata and so on.