Old 04-29-2024, 06:19 PM   #3957
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2 View Post
The Food Chain as I see it:

Lowest Cost:
No Frills (never been there but as some said)
Superstore/Walmart
Sobeys/Safeway
Co-op
Save-On
Superstore Liqour Store (Pop only)

I don't see the point of going to the most expensive place when other options are so close.
Our area got converted from Sobeys to Fresh-co because No Frills opened near buy. what I've found with No Frills and Fresh-co is basically shrink-flation. 10% less cost, 20% smaller package.

Just for convenience I was a pretty regular Sobeys shopper before, probably 25% Costco, 75% Sobeys. Since the change drive twice as far for all my groceries, probably 30% Costco, 20% Sobeys, 20% Save-on, 30% Walmart, I generally avoid freshco.

Co-op I've always found very expensive.

The big Canadian chains I find you really have to exclusively shop for sales and house labels, first Tuesday of the month, stuff like that you can actually save money over the discount stores.

Costco depending on your habits, most families could probably find a dozen go to items they can save a lot of money on.

Walmart is usually pretty reasonable, but quality and freshness can be spotty at best.

Superstore you'd just have to pay me to go in there.

The one thing I will give Freshco, is they usually have a meat special that is a hell of a deal, and they are getting the Sobeys quality meat which is good.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote