View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 08:41 PM   #1149
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetch View Post
Anyone play Kingdom Death Monster? I have an old roommate that has a copy he is looking to sell. I know I would probably be playing this game solo (not in our game groups wheelhouse, yet) and have been watching some youtube videos on it. It looks like it is pretty intense, but not sure if it is worth dropping that kind of cash on.
A friend of mine dropped a huge pile of money (around 750 I think) on the second kickstarter. I thought he was crazy although it does have very nice looking models. It's not my type of game but I'll be dragged into playing it whenever he gets his copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
My kid's been into naval stuff recently, built a few ship models and I think he wants to create a whole battle group at the same scale lol.

Anyway anyone into naval miniatures games? It looks like there used to be an Axis & Allies naval miniature game but it's been discontinued, and while the starter kit can still be found for a reasonable price, the booster packs and individual ships look like a money pit.

There's also companies that make individual miniatures, maybe getting smaller scale stuff he can toy around with larger groups of ships without spending tons. Is there anywhere in Calgary that deals in that kind of thing? I guess Sentry Box would be the first place to check. There's probably rulesets for download and then you can use your own miniatures.

EDIT: I should mention it's mostly modern or WWII era ships.
The upstairs section of Sentry Box has lots of military models so that might be a good place to start. Not sure if they have a game to go along with it.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post: