View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 11:37 AM   #339
charliedont
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCaper View Post
I've been told I would be acting as a stock broker and was asked to wear a suit. Sounds like it would be a full day's commitment for next Wednesday.
How did it go? I was supposed to do this role, but was used earlier in a diner and the exterior car crash scene that's in the trailer. Where did you shoot - which actors were on set?

I've received my cheques for the days I worked: one day I worked 6 hours and was paid $33.50/hr and one day I worked 12 hours and was paid $12.50/hr. The difference in pay was due to being "on voucher", which I'm still confused about. On the first day, there were only 10 of us, while the second day there was 75 - maybe it has something to do with that.

As for "how to be an extra", visit ACTRA's website, set Google alerts for 'Calgary casting call', and/or get head shots done and then find an agent. There's not a lot shooting at the moment in Calgary, as Fargo is wrapping up on episodes 7-10 right now. Hold the Dark is also filming, as a stand-in for Alaska, but they were primarily looking for indigenous actors.
charliedont is offline   Reply With Quote