View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 10:28 AM   #19
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
It's not too hard either though. It's a giant jiggsaw puzzle for adults that you hang on the wall. And frankly, you can take some pretty good liberties with it as you can cover up a ton of poor cuts with mud
Putting up drywall is not the hard part. Taping and mudding is an art and a skill. Sorry I just take offense when someone who is doing renovations does a job like painting and dry walling and think because their job is complete they they successfully finished the job right. It's ok if you're going to live in the house for a long time and don't care about imperfections but I guarantee you if an actual inspector or professional in the field came and looked at it they'd likely want to tear down the walls and start from scratch instead of fixing it.

I'm a painter and when I built my basement I hired a professional drywaller even though I could have technically done it myself. But there is no chance it would have looked good to someone who knows the trade.

If saving money is what you are after and you don't care much about quality then knock yourselves out but don't be surprised when it's time to sell and people start looking at all the imperfections and start low balling you or even worse, just walking out.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote