View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 10:28 AM   #18
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I absolutely refuse to do drywall now, I will pay someone to do it for me. Other then that yeah, the home hardware route is good, as well google knows all.

I remember a bunch of years ago when I renovated the basement of a house I owned, and I decided to invite my dad because he was good at it. But I didn't want him to actually do much work because he was getting older. I thought I could siphon off his knowledge and we could have that cool father and son moment of sharing stories and beers while casually doing to basement. I even had a Peter Gabriel theme song in my head for this moment, and I hoped that I would gain little pearls of wisdom from the old man.

It was in my head a totally disney script in real life.

In reality it was like doing a project with a slightly drunk Satan as your foreman.
Ha.

I had my father in law help me finish off some electrical I had already roughed in. I ran the wire to a switch in my storage room from the wrong outlet so he switched it around and rather then pull a new length of cable he re-used the cable that was in there and in doing so moved the box to the other side of the door at chest high to use the shorter cable. You would have had to open the door into the room, walk in, close the door and then switch on the light remembering that it was a foot above where a switch should be.

When he came to see my finished basement, first thing he said was - "I see you moved that switch".

Last edited by Barnes; 03-24-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote