Thread: Fence Dispute
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
Regehr_28
Farm Team Player

Exp:
Default Fence Dispute

So here’s my dilemma, I moved in to a brand new house in January and immediately started to look in to creating a fence for my dog. Having met my one neighbour on a couple occasions we discussed that I was building a chain link fence for the purpose of my dog. To which she offered to pay half. Having never seen or met the other neighbours we never mentioned it to them. (First mistake I know). Fast forward to the present, I came home from work to see that they had started to build the fence in our backyard having put the posts in.
Late that night our doorbell rings and its the neighbours that we have never met wondering about the fence we are putting in. They are upset that we didn’t tell them we were building a fence and did not consult them first. We apologized and said we were not looking for any money knowing that it’s not on everybody’s priority list with a new house. At which point they tell me that a chain link fence is not acceptable as she is pregnant and doesn’t want or dog to attack their baby. My dog is over 100lbs, but has never done anything to harm my cousins kids despite being pulled and hit.
Today we received a letter from them saying that the chain link fence is not acceptable and we have till the 27th to come to an agreement with them or they "will be forced to take further action"
I guess my question is can they do anything if the fence is on my property?
Is there any nice ending to this seeing as my family doesn’t want a wood fence?
Any ideas would me greatly appreciated.
Regehr_28 is offline   Reply With Quote