View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 08:59 AM   #101
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Family is saying he wouldn't have suddenly decided to kill himself, however, no one can really know what went on.

Reports suggest he talked to his wife and was slurring his words and he told her he took 1 or 2 extra Ativan. She phoned security to get them to check in on Chris. Security had to break down the door and discovered Chris with a band around his neck (police released the portion about the band I believe). Ativan can cause sudden thoughts of suicide especially in an increased dose though I think it's less common than with other benzodiazepines.

Lots of speculation of course on this sad event.

Statement:

Quote:
“Chris’s death is a loss that escapes words and has created an emptiness in my heart that will never be filled. As everyone who knew him commented, Chris was a devoted father and husband. He was my best friend. His world revolved around his family first and of course, his music, second,” Vicky said (via E!). “He flew home for Mother’s Day to spend time with our family. He flew out mid-day Wednesday, the day of the show, after spending time with the children.”

“We discussed plans for a vacation over Memorial Day and other things we wanted to do. When we spoke after the show, I noticed he was slurring his words; he was different. When he told me he may have taken an extra Ativan or two, I contacted security and asked that they check on him. What happened is inexplicable and I am hopeful that further medical reports will provide additional details. I know that he loved our children and he would not hurt them by intentionally taking his own life. The outpouring of love and support from his fans, friends and family means so much more to us than anyone can know.”

Last edited by ernie; 05-19-2017 at 09:04 AM.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post: