View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #28
seattleflamer
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
SeattleFlamer: I love the concept of Airfare Watchdog, and I signed up for their deal alert newsletter quite a while ago (be warned, anyone looking to do the same, they send a *lot* of newsletters, pretty much every day).

I've never found any truly tremendous deals thanks to the Watchdog, but I'm always checking it. If I had to bet, I'm guessing the 'real people' over at WatchDog are looking harder for deals from American cities as opposed to Calgary, but I have no proof of that.

I also like to follow their Airfare Watchdog Best Deal of the Day. They're usually meaningless for us Canadians, but I still can't resist looking.

Living in the U.S., you might find the Fare Compare Deal Blog of use. I've seen some amazing deals from American cities this year ($250 return to Moscow anyone?). I see they literally just now posted a deal involving WestJet.... that blog is usually the first one to break the deal info. (Unless you want to follow Rick Seaney himself on Twitter, which can be annoying)

Thanks for the link! I think AFWD has 1 Canadian on staff based out of TO.

I wonder if the issue is there is really only Westjet and AC to choose from for most Canadian destinations. YVR gets a lot of pass through from international airlines and hence more deals. Buddy got YVR to NYC for <$200 on Japan AL.
seattleflamer is offline   Reply With Quote