View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 06:38 PM   #2319
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was an average episode.

What I liked:
-The meetings at Dragonstone, King's Landing, and Winterfell setting up the plot and showing how much the lords distrust each other and the difficulties ahead achieving peace.
-They did a good job setting up the twist at the end with the comments about Tyron's plan being too clever. I was wondering why team Dany was hanging out at Dragonstone and hadn't just amassed a superior force against King's Landing. The plan to open a two front war limiting casualties made sense however it is a common theme on GoT that trying to do the honourable thing can backfire.
-Arya's reunions. She was once the best part of the show, then became the worst, and now back in Westeros she is the best again.
-Euron's entrance was epic. Also, it was nice to see a couple of the pointless Sand Snakes get killed off.

What I didn't like:
-The sea battle at the end was epic but I had trouble following everything due to the frantic cutting and lack of lighting. Still better than any other action on TV but I have higher expectations from GoT.
-Sam being used to gross out the audience two episodes in a row. What disgusting thing will he be up to next week?
-The reveal that the secret weapon against dragons was a Hobbit style cross bow. I was expecting something cooler such as dragon poison or even a re-animated frankendragon.
-The super awkward Grey Worm and Missandei scene. What is the point of this? Are they showing an impossible love to give us a break from the horrors of war? Is it a set up to make us more emotionally attached when one of them is killed off? Are they trying to give more screen time to the only non-white actors on the show? At this stage of the story both characters are no longer important to the plot and it seems like the writers are grasping at straws trying to keep them relevant.