View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 10:07 PM   #155
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torture View Post
I've been reading through this thread cause I just finished doing meatless may. Didn't really miss it aside from bacon and a bit of convenience with fast food.

We ate lots of beans, chickpeas, lentils...all so diverse in how you can use them to cook. Portabello mushrooms are great on the BBQ for a burger especially topped off with a bit of brie. We didn't eat poorly at all as you often had to put some extra thought into how you'd make something and end up with something elaborate and delicious.

I'm not going to go full vegetarian but we'll probably continue to make more meatless meals.
I made a decision to lower my meat consumption by 50% and so far this year that is closer to 75%. I still rely a lot on dairy, eggs especially for protein but have increased my veggies dramatically.

Now when I do eat meat its generally Icelandic lamb which is the least harmful to our environment, pretty rarely chicken, even rarer beef (Icelandic lamb is far tastier with filets and loads of options), and a fair bit of fish.

My decision was based on looking at my diet over the decades and realizing just how much meat intake and how bad that is for this planet, now when I do eat meat its a lot less and more enjoyable since its more of a treat.

I suspect when we can manufacture plant based meat that is being done in labs today, we will see a massive amount of people eat this stuff (when its tasty enough) to help combat the damage done; especially by the Beef, Pork and Chicken industries to our planet.