View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 04:17 AM   #56
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
I think you keep Bouma for the playoffs. Players like him come to be counted on in the post-season.

I would trade him in the off-season (and hopefully he has a good playoffs to increase his value).

I like to have defensive depth - and the Flames finally have it - but I would make room for the overages. If that means Wideman, or Jokipakka, or whatever, you do it if possible.
Agreed on Bouma. The only way I would move Bouma right now is if we need him to go back the other way to even out salaries. Otherwise, let him keep playing as he has looked good lately and a strong playoffs would make him much easier to move in the off-season.

I also agree on Wideman being moved because of possible bonus overages, even though it would only help a little. Moving Jokipakka doesn't help in that regard much though as shipping him out by now wouldn't be enough to get us out of LTIR. I also like the idea of holding onto Jokipakka because I still think he has potential, let him come back next year and compete for a spot.