View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 09:57 PM   #516
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob123 View Post
I just got a splashy email from Wind about improved service in Calgary. I will believe it when I see it, though to be honest it has been a lot better lately than this time last year.

It's on their Network Updates page as well.

I was really impressed visiting sis-in-law in Burnaby - great coverage, solid signal, and pretty good speeds from downtown Vancouver all the way to Abbotsford.

ETA: I'm curious if the dead zones I noticed with Wind have been improved - the worst were in the Blue arena at Crowchild Twin, and at Telus Spark.
I can't speak for those dead zones, but I will say that my general speed has increased significantly - 2 to 2.5 times faster than I was getting before. It is noticeable.

I also don;t find downtown as much as a dead zone now either, although admittingly that's generally just me driving through/stuck in traffic (kids watching a show type of thing).

I also just switched to the $60/month plan, 10GB data in a wind zone, 1 GB/unlimited texting/something like 40 hours of talking outside a wind zone. I.e. I can basically use my cell phone like just about anyone else now
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote