View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 08:41 AM   #479
Dogbert
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I have an Oiler fan friend who did exactly this, saying "this makes the Flames as bad as the supposed character issues the Oilers have."

I regularly point out how their leadership group is rotten to the core, or completely absent, and how nobody shows any accountability whatsoever. He always responds this year with, "Yeah, that Taylor Hall sure is a bum with his [insert point total here] points."

They're so frigging clueless that I refuse to feel sorry for them. When our players screw up in games, they're often given lesser roles. When our players screw up outside of games during preparation time, that is taken even more seriously and they aren't allowed to play in the game. That's how you build an accountable environment. When Oiler players screw up in games, you don't see their ice time change one iota. When they lack preparation outside of the games, they never, ever miss a game. When their captains and leaders who leave it all out on the ice don't produce results, they are summarily dismissed and banished (Ference, Scrivens, Dubnyk et al). Everything about that culture is wrong, yet they continue to throw stones in glass houses. Screw them.
We've all heard the stories about the Oilers' partying, yet none of their media members have felt it worthy of looking into. A couple of Flames slip up once, and Mark Spector not only named names right away, but also continued to harp on it the next day, as if it's the scandal of the season. I wonder why that is?
Dogbert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dogbert For This Useful Post: