View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 08:18 AM   #476
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipperFaNaTic View Post
I'm wondering if the OP or a mod could put up a poll to really see the general opinion of CP.
I went back and re-read the Radulov/Kostytsyn suspension thread back when both players were suspended by the Predators during their playoff series vs the Coyotes back in 2012. Back then, the Preds were down 2-0 in the series and the team still suspended both players. While the Flames' incident slightly differs from the Preds, both incidents involve team rules being broken. The general consensus in that thread is that the team did the right thing. No individual is above team rules, regardless of your ''star'' status or where you sit in the standings.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=117263

You could copy and paste a bunch of those posts and paste them here and it would be applicable. I would hope that if the general consensus on CP back then was that the Preds did the right thing, then it should be the same today.

For years the Flames have had a history of being a country club organization. And we all know how that turned out. I'm proud of Hartley and management for sticking to their guns. The last thing we need is the inmates running the asylum again at such a crucial point in the rebuild.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post: